Re: [Exim] Need Suggestions for Keeping Archive of All Email…

Author: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
Subject: Re: [Exim] Need Suggestions for Keeping Archive of All Emails
Art Mandler wrote:
> We are new users of Exim4 on a Debian platform. We also have an antivirus
> software that is listening on port 25 and forwarding filtered mail to Exim.
>
> We need to keep an archive of ALL emails, preferably in a single file (or
> directory) that can be backed up daily and cleared. Previously, using
> sendmail, we had a script based on Anomy that siphoned off a copy of every
> email to a file. Is there a recommended way to accomplish the same thing
> using Exim?

I use these two routers that seem to work perfectly.  Replace
"domain.com" with your own domain.  I think you can drop 'senders' in
the outgoing and 'domains' in the incoming if you only have one domain.
    A copy of each incoming and outgoing email is sent to the 'archive'
email account (which must exist).  Have your script process its mail
directory.

archive_outgoing:
    driver =  redirect
    data = archive@???
    senders = domain.com
    unseen

archive_incoming:
    driver = redirect
    domains = domain.com
    data = archive@???
    unseen

BTW, have you considered using Exiscan ACL to handle the virus scanning?
I'm using that to scan all incoming email for viruses (using clamd) in
the data acl.

--
Rossz