Re: [Exim] Question about proper config for mail server behi…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andrew J. Hutson
Para: Exim Users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Question about proper config for mail server behind firewall
> (This is currently what I have now and it works in terms of mail working
for the mail server behind the firewall).

I'm a great fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

> My problem now is that I cannot get mail to work correctly on the firewall

itself. When it sends what should be local mail to
> unqualified recipients (such as administrative notifications to root) it

does a DNS lookup and freaks out with a message
> "R=lookuphost defer (-1): remote host address is the local host LOG: 0

MAIN Frozen"

It might be worth considering making the firewall send _ALL_ it's mail
through your mail server. That way, you cure your problem and also get the
bonus of having one central location for mail to be delivered through.
Alternatively, you could set an entry up in your hosts file for
mail.domain.com so that your firewall thinks it's at the 192.x.x.x address.

Andrew