Re: [Exim] me again

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dennis Davis
Para: Exim-Users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] me again
>From: "Alan J. Flavell" <a.flavell@???>
>To: "Exim-Users (E-mail)" <exim-users@???>
>Subject: Re: [Exim] me again
>Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:57:31 +0000 (GMT)

>It would be a disastrous mistake, at least in our case, to go
>composing autoreplies to the counterfeited envelope sender addresses
>("collateral spam"). Much preferable to give a 5xx response
>containing some informative text, and leave the offering MTA to do the
>right thing. If it goes and does the wrong thing, then at least it'll
>be doing it on its own responsibility, not on ours.

This is precisely what I do. All handled by an ACL of the form:

  # Reject email for obsolete domains.  It's probably all spam
  # anyway.
  deny    message = The mail domain "$domain" is obsolete.  Instead\n\
                    please try contacting $local_part@$domain_data\n\
                    If you still have problems, try searching for the\n\
                    user at http://www.bath.ac.uk/contact\n\
                    If that doesn't help, please contact postmaster@???
          domains = +obsolete_domains

where the domainlist "+obsolete_domains" is just a simple database
search.