Re: [Exim] Reverse DNS -- grounds for rejection?

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Rory Campbell-Lange, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Reverse DNS -- grounds for rejection?
> Is a test like this grounds for rejecting mail?
> I note that quite a few messagelabs servers don't reverse properly.

> acl:
> # Warn if the sender host does not have valid reverse DNS.
> warn message = X-Broken-Reverse-DNS: no host name found for IP address $sender_host_address
>       !verify = reverse_host_lookup
>       log_message   = "REVERSE: $sender_fullhost"

Not IMO. I know aol does it. I recently ordered a few things online and
noticed that some of those people don't have rDNS.

I thought about doing this on my own server, but it could easily block
wanted mail and not prevent much spam. In this case, it was the proof of
order and tracking numbers. (Lets leave it at that, I'll take my business
to whoever has it the cheapest!)

I also thought about reworking my server so that spam blocks are
non-existant for special addresses (hint: use a different address@yourdomain
for each online shop.)

I do not want this to be another rDNS war (starting with this message).