Re: [Exim] Re: X-Mailer of mPOP - found company who makes th…

Author: Bradford Carpenter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: X-Mailer of mPOP - found company who makes the product
On 2004-01-14 21:00:00 -0800 Eli <eli-list@???> wrote:

> Either it's got some security flaws allowing open relaying, or
> spammers are
> just faking the X-Mailer (although I have no idea why they'd do that).

Just checked SpamAssassin's files: in all the tests for forged headers
from various mailers, there was no mention of mPOP. Don't know if
other anti-spam tools include these sorts of checks. Maybe the
spammers are trying to circumvent these checks by forging headers from
a relatively new or unknown mailer? Just a thought.

Brad