Re: [Exim] Creating a message for delivery based off of an a…

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Creating a message for delivery based off of an action in an ACL
Eli said:
> I'm wondering if there's any way to have Exim generate a message and
> deliver it based off of something in an ACL.
>
> For example (I have exiscan patched in), if I scan for a virus and find
> one, I currently just have it set to deny the message. However, it
> would be nice to be able to also have a message generated and delivered
> to the recipients notifying them that a message was denied because it
> contained a virus (specifying who the message was from in case they wish
> to contact them or whatever).

DENY is the correct thing to do or Discard... but bounce...

DON'T!

You can easily do this and the other things you asking for below with a
system filter, but since you don't know who the real sender of the
virus/spam whatever is, you are just generating a bounce message back to
innocent people which is why most will tell you DON'T!

Do you really want to get messages telling you that you sent so and so a
virus when you in fact never sent them anything? There are a number of
virus/spams out there that do that all the time.

>... This would be useful for example, in routers when delivering a
> message and someone wants to implement their own type of quota support
> and needs to insert data to MySQL, or for other types of data tracking
> (logging every message sent through and their spam score for example -
> to see if certain users send spam, etc...).

condition = ${run ...

condition = ${run{/getquota.pl $local_part}{$rc_value}}
data = :fail: Sorry your account $local_part is over quota

> [This E-mail scanned for viruses]

Thats nice... How many of them were there?

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums