Re: [Exim] Re: rcpt_include_affixes not working for me

Author: Pat Lashley
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: rcpt_include_affixes not working for me
--On Thursday, January 15, 2004 12:23:06 +1100 TN <tnuro@???> wrote:

> I had been thinking along the same lines, I thought I had tried
> allowing anyone posting access, but I had the syntax wrong (I
> can't find it mentioned in the cyrus docs, nor in cyradm(1)) -

It is in the 'Cyrus IMAP Server FAQ' under 'plus addressing'.
(Or at least it is for Cyrus imapd 2.2; I'm not sure about
earlier versions.)

You should have gotten a copy of the FAQ, along with the other docs,
as part of the Cyrus tarball. If you're using FreeBSD and the ports
system, they will have been installed into /usr/local/share/doc/cyrus-imapd22
I don't know if they are automatically installed on other systems.

> Anyway, after setting 'anyone p' in the acl, it works. I believe
> that this means there is a problem with authenticated_sender as
> I suspected in my last email.

That would be my interpretation as well. But now at least you can
be confidant that you are are attacking the real problem.

> I don't fancy setting an acl for all these detail folders, so
> I really want to fix my authenticated_sender issue now.

Note that folder base ACLs are inherited from their parent, with
some exceptions when inheriting from INBOX. So if you're nesting
the detail folders, you shouldn't have to set the ACL on each of
them, just on the ones that are directly under INBOX.

(Of course, if you're trying to set up INBOX.spam mailboxes for
a bunch of users, that doesn't help...)

-Pat