RE: [Exim] Removing headers in ACLs

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Removing headers in ACLs
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> You do need to watch this since routers are a per recipient item, and
> acls may also be per recipient items, so the header set you are carrying
> will also become per-recipient before it ever gets to the transports.
> This could make life very interesting indeed :-

Thanks for highlighting another perhaps non-obvious feature. Or perhaps
"feature". Although some ACLs may be per-recipient, any header lines
that are added in an ACL are global. This is different from the case
when they are added by a router, when they are local to the address.

I think that the current state is probably right because only the RCPT
ACL is per-recipient, so changing things would make it different from
all the others. (And would require a lot of new code, to be honest.)
Does anyone feel differently? At the very least, I should document this
feature clearly.

Doing a general Spring Clean on all the header line handling looks like
a good idea for sometime soon.