[Exim] Timeout Problems

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Doug Jolley
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Timeout Problems
Hi --

I'm a new Exim user and conceptually I really like it. However, I have a
lot to learn.

My immediate problem is that Exim seems to be timing out while attempting to
deliver
mail to a few specific mail servers (hotmail happens to be one of them). It
delivers
mail just fine to most mail servers. The complaint is, "Could not deliver
message in
the time limit specified."

I've checked the FAQs and also did some googling. There seems to be some
mention
of others having similar problems. One thread I read suggested changing the
value of
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc from 0 to 1. I tried that but it didn't
seem to help.

I'm running Slackware Linux ver. 9.0.0 with kernel version 2.4.20.

If anyone could suggest a fix I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

     ... doug

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!