RE: [Exim] Removing headers in ACLs

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Eli
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] Removing headers in ACLs
>I think this problems can be avoided by maintaining lists of remove and
>add headers, and then doing the removes just before the adds. Like it is
>done for routers/transports, I think. I may be missing some important
>things, but basically this should work, or shouldn't it?

If a re-implementation of how headers are added and removed is going to be
done, I'd actually opt in for the ability to have them done inline, rather
than remove first, then add. It would not only remove the burden of
remembering all transactions and then processing them later (since you just
process as you walk the ACL statements and do them as you see them), but it
would make more sense when people are reading the config file. Also, it
would give better control, IE I could add a header unconditionally, then,
later on in the ACL (or in another ACL) I could have a condition which may
remove that header. If removes THEN adds were the way it was done (like
routers/transports), then I would never be able to do that, and you would
probably get a lot of people asking why.

I think the only reason that routers/transports always do a remove first,
then an add is because the order of statements in a router or transport
don't matter (only the order of the routers themselves), so it was decided
to remove first, then add. In an ACL, it is processed in order, so it would
only require more work to have it process all header removes first, then all
adds.

Eli.