RE: [Exim] Accessing environment variables in exim as variab…

Autor: Eli
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] Accessing environment variables in exim as variables?
>Philip suggested a while ago that the -oMr option could possibly be used,
>to set a "protocol name" (which could perhaps be a PHP script name; a
>patch to mail() could probably insert this). I was going to have a play
>with it myself, although haven't yet found the time.

Yeah, actually I had thought of just specifying additional paramaters to the
"sendmail" program that is set in the php.ini file. I figured I could use
one of the -oM paramaters to pass the CGI variables, but it turns out that
didn't work at all. My last hope (and seems only real option) is to add
some code to insert CGI variable headers in the actual mail() function of
PHP.

I'd be more than happy if anyone else has ever done anything about this and
may have an alternate solution - getting the PHP people to adopt a patch to
mail() might be a bit hard (they're picky little people, not much fun to
deal with them all the time).

Eli.