Re: [Exim] Too many chars in system filter / 4.30

Autor: Andrew J. Hutson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Too many chars in system filter / 4.30
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Swantje & Michael Ludwig wrote:

>> "Error in system filter: string is too long in line XX of filter
>> file (max = 1024 chars)"
>>

>> I really would like to have exim letting the system filter generate
>> mails above 1024 chars.
>> Is this possible? After searching in the 4.30-spec I found no
>> runtime variable with which I could set this...

>Increase the number in line 839 of the source file src/filter.c.
>
>Or use the facility for generating messages from a file rather than an
>inline string (the "file" and "file_expand" options of the "mail"
>command).

If the message text is coming from a database, is increasing the number in
filter.c the only way round it? I've just realised that this situation is
relevant to me, but I don't want to have to play about with the source if I
can help it!

Andrew Hutson