RE: [Exim] Removing headers in ACLs

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Eli
Para: exim-users
Assunto: RE: [Exim] Removing headers in ACLs
>Header lines that are "added" in ACLS are not in fact added; they are
>remembered and added later. This is necessary for all ACLs before DATA,
>because there is nothing to add them to at that point.

Yeah (running exim in debug mode showed me when the message is actually
created on the system), which is why I *thought* that removing them would be
as easy as adding them, and of course would be much quicker since it's all
in memory still at this stage :)

>As far as I can recall, nobody has asked for the ability to remove
>header lines at ACL time. I suppose it could operate by remembering
>them, but there could be nasty complications when different ACLs are
>adding and removing.

Glad you mentioned your conern - I was actually under the impression (really
I just imagined - nothing more) that this was how it currently was. From
the sounds of what you say the rework should be done to do, is actually how
I would have thought it to be done.

This type of work may be out of my league, but I would be open to try and
lend a hand whereever possible, but I must say that my C is not only
limited, but can be rusty at times too. Especially since Exim has wrappers
for various functions that I may not be aware of, and I could cause all
sorts of problems by just writing in plain 'ol C (unless someone wanted to
take care of making it work with Exim properly for me? :) ).

Either way, I think being able to remove headers (oh, and while we're at it
- might as well add the ability to modify/rewrite them too (this is a
wishlist item I saw)) in ACL stages would be super-duper and I'd love to see
this feature down the road.

Eli.

> I was just wondering if anyone can tell me why the ability to remove

headers
> during the ACL processing stage doesn't exist (just wondering if it's
> currently impossible due to certain constraints!).
>
> It would seem to make some sense that if we're able to add headers at
> certain stages of the ACL stuff, that we could also remove them at that
> time.

Header lines that are "added" in ACLS are not in fact added; they are
remembered and added later. This is necessary for all ACLs before DATA,
because there is nothing to add them to at that point.

As far as I can recall, nobody has asked for the ability to remove
header lines at ACL time. I suppose it could operate by remembering
them, but there could be nasty complications when different ACLs are
adding and removing.

I suspect a re-implementation is needed, which maintains a list of
headers even before the message is received. This would probably behave
more in the way that users expect.

> I'm interested in this more in a source code programming sort of way,

since
> if it's just that nobody has got around to adding this feature, I might

try
> taking a stab at it :)

As always, I'll look at patches, but I think it needs a re-think to
tidy-up this area properly.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses]

---