Re: [Exim] Exim quotas with maildir_use_size_file

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Eli
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim quotas with maildir_use_size_file
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Eli wrote:

> I am fiddling with quota stuff and I figured I'd use maildir_use_size_file
> to speed up file size calculation (since I've seen other mail software
> almost die just from having to calculate disk space for quotas).
>
> I noticed that with this special file, it also stores the quota size in it.
> I had initially set the quota to be 10M, and I sent an email to a user, and
> it created the file and all that good stuff. I then wanted to test the
> quota message, so in exim.conf I changed the quota size to be just 100K, but
> it seems Exim is using the setting in the file over what is in the exim.conf
> file:

I did not implement this feature; I just installed the patch after some
minimal testing. What does the specification of maildir_size_file say? I
assumed that there was a specification for this. I also assume that
having the quota in the file is a "feature" that allows for different
quotas for different users - the value in the transport is just the
default. So the behaviour doesn't seem unreasonable - but then I don't
use any of this stuff. Anybody have views on this?