Re: [Exim] SPAM problems : reject by X-Mailer?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Steve Lamb
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] SPAM problems : reject by X-Mailer?
Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> So NOT a good idea to block against this Mailer, then. I've gone with
> adding 2 points to the spam score of mail coming through with this
> Mailer.

     Quite so.  Remember that for a while TheBat! was spoofed as a spam
client.  For about 2 years anyone blocking just on X-Mailer would have nailed
me and about 3 dozen other people I conversed with on a regular basis.
X-Mailer is a  program generated line and is inheriently untrustworthy.
Blocking on untrustworthy data is a bad idea.  Scoring on it is a much better
route.