Re: [Exim] Need Recommendation: Backend Store for Virtual Ac…

Author: Michael Johnson
To: Jonathan Vanasco
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Need Recommendation: Backend Store for Virtual Accounts
On Jan 12, 2004, at 1:24 PM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> I need a recommendation for a backend to store virtual accounts in
> exim.

<SNIP>

> Can anyone point me to a setup they've enjoyed in the past.

Although it might take a little work on your part to tune it to your
OS, there's a page at <http://maxo.captainnet.net/installs/> with a
bunch of instruction sets on different installations. If you happen to
be running OS X, then you can just install the packages and go through
the setup instructions.

Each section has a listing of the instructions used to
configure/compile it. The web interface should work well for you out
of the box as it's (I think) php. The backend used is MySQL. In my
installations, I've found it to be quite fast. I can set user mail
quotas and have multiple domains running. It also has a SpamAssassin
and ClamAV hook built into it.

-Michael