Re: [Exim] Expiring mails?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Expiring mails?
> I do believe procmail or procmailex has a recipe to store mail in
> folders based on the date. That regexp could easily be thrown into your
> local_delivery setup in exim.

Procmail is a nice MDA, but Exim, besides being a great MTA, is a great
MDA, too. So why use procmail?

> And for expiring stuff, read your mail with gnus :)

> Sounds like a job for a MUA, cronjob or some procmail recipe to do...

As for the MUA: That does not help if the user is gone. Cron and find
would work, but find can not make intelligent use of maildirs and it
would not run only when needed, plus it reads all inodes into core
just for checking. Exim does not read the inodes and has to read the
directories for quota anyway.

So at least nobody objected that expiration could be put into a MDA.

Michael