[Exim] Exim quotas with maildir_use_size_file

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Eli
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Exim quotas with maildir_use_size_file
I am fiddling with quota stuff and I figured I'd use maildir_use_size_file
to speed up file size calculation (since I've seen other mail software
almost die just from having to calculate disk space for quotas).

I noticed that with this special file, it also stores the quota size in it.
I had initially set the quota to be 10M, and I sent an email to a user, and
it created the file and all that good stuff. I then wanted to test the
quota message, so in exim.conf I changed the quota size to be just 100K, but
it seems Exim is using the setting in the file over what is in the exim.conf
file:

30111 appendfile: mode=600 notify_comsat=0 quota=102400 warning=75
30111 directory=/home/mail/domain.com/user2 format=maildir
30111 message_prefix=null
30111 message_suffix=null
30111 maildir_use_size_file=yes
30111 QUOTA maildirsize checks on directory /home/mail/domain.com/user2
30111 QUOTA from maildirsize: checkpath=/home/mail/domain.com/user2
quota=10485760 size=66 message_size=1242
30111 QUOTA maildirsize checked on checkpath=/home/mail/domain.com/user2
quota=10485760 saved_size=66 message_size=1242
30111 delivering in maildir format in /home/mail/domain.com/user2
30111 writing to file tmp/1073337398.H72548P30111.testunix.webminders.com
30111 Exim quota = 10485760 old size = 66 this message = 1242 (included)
30111 file quota = 5 count = 0
30111 writing data block fd=8 size=1351 timeout=0
30111 quota = 10485760 threshold = 7864320 old size = 66 message size = 1351

As you can see on the first line it correctly set the quota to just 100K,
but then once it read the maildirsize file in, it updated it to 10M like it
was when it was first created. I was hoping that Exim would always use the
quota setting in the config file, since I store the quota settings in MySQL
and would like to be able to change them on the fly. If changing them in
MySQL has no effect, then it would be a pretty bad case if someones initial
quota was 100M, and then they start receiving nothing but spam and we want
to change the quota limit, but it doesn't take effect (im sure there are
better examples, but you get the idea).

Is there any way to have Exim ignore the quota setting in the maildirsize
file (or not save the information to that folder?), or is there some way of
just using the file size stuff from the file, but not the quota setting?

Eli.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses]