Re: [Exim] how to check if domain doesn't point to local hos…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: David Woodhouse
To: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] how to check if domain doesn't point to local host
On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 13:42 +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > fake_virtual:
> > domains = lsearch;/etc/mail/virtuals
> > driver = dnslookup
> > transport = remote_smtp
> > self = pass
> But this will cause that emails for my local domains which are really hosted
> here will be routed to mygw.pl first, so that's not a working solution
> unfortunately.

A quick test seems to work for me, unless I'm misunderstanding your
request. Have you tested it yourself?

For local_domains which are really local, the primary MX is the same
host -- which in conjunction with 'self = pass' in the above will cause
the fake_virtual router to pass over those addresses, leaving them to
other routers. These mails won't be sent to mygw.pl.
See http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_15.html#IX1542

For domains in local_domains which are really on a remote host, the
fake_virtual router will invoke the remote_smtp transport, which will
send the mail to mygw.pl.

Note that we're not using the manualroute router any more; we're using
the dnslookup router, and forcing it to go to mygw.pl in the _transport_
instead. This means that the list of remote hosts passed from the router
to the transport is real, looked up from DNS, and that's why the 'self'
option works as we desire, rather than always failing to trigger as it
would if we had:

fake_virtual:
domains = lsearch:/etc/mail/virtuals
driver = manualroute