Re: [Exim] How to break down CC's and process one at a time …

Author: Andrew Nelson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to break down CC's and process one at a time ?
Hi Phillip,

Thank-you very much for your response, Exim is the best thing since sliced
bread!
I wonder if I might ask you one further question.

> > Is it possible to configure exim to process all recipients of a message
> > (including CC and BCC addresses) seperately ?
>It does (when routing) ...

> > I'm using a system filter
>... but not in a system filter.

>What you probably want is described in the spec:
> 40.8 Per-address filtering

I tried using your example router from 40.8:
---------------------------------------
central_filter:
    driver = redirect
    domains = +local_domains
    file = /central/filters/$local_part
    no_verify
    allow_filter
    allow_freeze
---------------------------------------

and it panic'ed about needing a User or check_local_user statement so I
added:
user = exim. That worked !

My current system filter is implemented with these lines:
---------------------------------------
system_filter = /usr/local/bin/spam_filter
system_filter_pipe_transport = spam_filer_pipe

spam_filer_pipe:
driver = pipe
path = "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/lib:/usr/local/bin"
user = exim
---------------------------------------

So I replaced "file = /central/filters/$local_part"
with "file = /usr/local/bin/spam_filter"

It now panics with :

2004-01-05 15:11:10 unable to set gid=1003 or uid=1003 (euid=1003):
central_filter router (recipient is test@???)
2004-01-05 15:11:10 internal problem in central_filter router (recipient is
test@???): failure to transfer data from subprocess

Is this because it needs the path and user from spam_filer_pipe ? How do I
make it
use that? should central_filter operate exactly the same as system_filter
except that it
processes email for each username instead of once per message?

Thanks,
Andrew

Send mobile Christmas cards, download a festive ringtone and win a Motorola
E365. Go to: http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/christmas.asp