[Exim] Per-user auth help?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Per-user auth help?
Hello all,

I'm setting up a desktop box for some family, and I'm trying to come up
with a reasonably smart way to handle their email, and make it
transparent for them. Exim is going to have to be set up to use a
smarthost, as it is on an intermittent dial-up, but I would like to let
them have some leeway in how they do things. At the same time, I don't
want to lose system emails (which are aliased to my account on the
machine, and then .forwarded to my real email address).

What I think is som ekind of logical flow like:
if ${exists $HOME/.smarthostrc
  then ": ${extract{1}{::} {${lookup{$host}lsearch*{$HOME/.smarthostrc}{$value}fail}}} \
        : ${extract{2}{::} {${lookup{$host}lsearch*{$HOME/.smarthostrc}{$value}fail}}}"
  else
       ": ${extract{1}{::} {${lookup{$host}lsearch*{CONFDIR/passwd.client}{$value}fail}}} \
        : ${extract{2}{::} {${lookup{$host}lsearch*{CONFDIR/passwd.client}{$value}fail}}}"

I'm almost there, but I can't quite get the syntax right, and I'm not
sure if this is such a great idea anyway. I don't really see the
problem with letting users set their smarthost, username and password in
a file, but maybe there's something I'm missing, so I thought I would ask
for advice before muddling further along. Ideally this should also be
done over tls (at the very least for the system email, as I know my mail
server supports it), but I don't think I want to specify an ${if
$tls_cipher . . .} because they may want to smarthost through someone
that doesn't support it. Hmm, maybe I'm starting to come up with one
of the downsides.

Any advice on how to finish fixing it if it's a good idea would also be
welcome :)
|  Stephen Gran                  | Q: Why did the lone ranger kill Tonto?  |
|  steve@???             | A: He found out what "kimosabe" really  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | means.                                  |