Re: [Exim] Exim and separate passwd file

Author: Andreas Gietl
To: Andi Buechler, eli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and separate passwd file
On Friday 02 January 2004 22:38, Andi Buechler wrote:
> >It could help if you showed us your exim config file too, and point out
> >where it's using PAM instead of the file lookup :)
> >
> >Eli.
>
> Actually I'm not sure if exim uses pam or just parses
> /etc/{passwd,shadow} itself but I would like to use it /etc/exim/passwd
> anyway whether a local user with the same name exists or not. I just
> want to have different passwords from the normal system login( see also
> "The Exim SMTP Mail Server, Official Guide for Release 4" on site 297).
>
> With my current configuration if I download new messages with my MTA I
> have to provide my system password, but if I want to send any messages I
> have to provide the one defined in /etc/exim/passwd.

Well, this really sounds like you don't mean exim, because with exim you can
not download any new messages, you can just SEND them and RECEIVE new ones on
the server. Not Download them.

--
e-admin internet gmbh
Andreas Gietl                                            tel +49 941 3810884

PGP/GPG-Key unter http://www.e-admin.de/gpg.html