Re: [Exim] sender verify, but not for local domains

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] sender verify, but not for local domains
Rejo Zenger said:
> ++ 01/01/04 13:56 -0700 - Kevin Reed:
>>> But still:
>>>
>>> 2004-01-01 21:33:55 1Ac9Vt-0007DO-Rg ** rejo@???
>>> <rejo@???>: Unrouteable address
>>>
>>> How do I set up this test in a way that it does no longer verify
>>> domains
>>> I accept mail for?
>>
>>That is an "Unrouteable address" Not a Sender Verify Error.
>>
>>You mail server does not see, krikkit.local as a valid place to send
>> mail.
>>
>>You need to have your mail server know how to deliver to that host in
>>order to fix that.
>
> I don't that last thing is specifically the problem. It should know it
> already. This is from a mail delivery of exactly the same address just a
> couple of minutes before this one:
>
>   2004-01-01 21:31:36 1Ac9Tg-0007D2-BX => rejo@???
>     <subs=bugtraq@???> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp S=2151
>     H=krikkit.local [10.0.0.23] C="250 OK id=1Ac9Te-0007G1-51"

> and one of only five minutes later:
>
>   2004-01-01 21:36:46 1Ac9Yg-0007Dk-Al => rejo@???
>     <subs=bugtraq@???> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp S=2390
>     H=krikkit.local [10.0.0.23] C="250 OK id=1Ac9Ye-0007Gi-4V"

> Any idea?

It is hard to tell since you are not giving a whole copy of the full
transaction in the log.

It is possible, that the host for spamvrij.nl is saying that krikkit.local
is unrouteable.

A copy of the full transaction would provide more info.

Try

exigrep 1Ac9Yg-0007Dk-Al path-to-your-log-file

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums