Re: [Exim] Per-domain / per-user DNSbl blocking

Author: Avleen Vig
To: Andy Broom?
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Per-domain / per-user DNSbl blocking
On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:34:43PM -0500, Andy Broom? wrote:
> Sorry if this has been asked before, but here goes.

It has :) but that's ok.
It's something that causes problems for a lot of people.
You're trying to do something in an ACL, for multiple users, and this
won't work (at least, not in the way you want).

When a message comes in can can be for one or multiple recipients.
Regardless of the number of recipients, it is only passed through the
ACL's *once*.

*AFTER* it has passed the ACL's, it is sent through the routers, once
for each recipient.

What I recommend is that you do something like.. use one condition per
DNSbl, Then use 'warn' in your ACL to add a header if the DNSbl matches.
This way you accept every mail as far as the sender is concerned.

Then make a router to do your search in your file..

<pseudocode>
condition = if {     { exists {$header_x-spamhaus} }
                 and { lsearch {$home/$filename} {$header_x-spamhaus} }
                }
</pseudocode>

Something like that. I hope you get the idea :)