Re: [Exim] local_domains doesn't always work

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeff Lasman
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] local_domains doesn't always work
On Saturday 27 December 2003 05:04 pm, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> All you need to do is put
>
> accept authenticated = *
>
> in your ACL before the DNSBL checks.

I tried this:

<snip>
check_connect:
  accept authenticated = *
  deny message = $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain - see
http:/
       dnslists = relays.ordb.org : \
           sbl.spamhaus.org : \
           bl.spamcop.net : \
           dnsbl.njabl.org : \
           cbl.abuseat.org : \
           http.dnsbl.sorbs.net : \
           socks.dnsbl.sorbs.net : \
           misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net : \
           smtp.dnsbl.sorbs.net : \
           web.dnsbl.sorbs.net : \
           spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net : \
           block.dnsbl.sorbs.net : \
           zombie.dnsbl.sorbs.net : \
           dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net : \
           rhsbl.sorbs.net
</snip>

but I get this in my mainlog file:

<snip>
2003-12-27 17:13:48 H=[157.22.112.98] temporarily rejected connection in
"connect" ACL: cannot test authenticated in connection ACL
</snip>

which makes perfect sense, since I try at connect time:

<snip>
acl_smtp_connect = check_connect
</snip>

So I took it back out, pending a reasonable solution based on my next
questions...

What are the ramifications of checking later, after auth? Will I still
be able to deny, and if I do, will the sending server consider it a
temporary or permanent error?

I'd really like to use the dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net to check against dialup
and other dynamic IP users, but still accept email from authenticated
users, so I hope there's a reasonable solution.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation