Re: [Exim] local_domains doesn't always work

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Jeff Lasman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local_domains doesn't always work
Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> Jeff Lasman wrote:
>
>> I've now got RBLs working without the one hosts line, and it's working
>> well, blocking thousands of emails daily.
>>
>> What I'd like to be able to do now is somehow check and approve Pop
>> before SMTP users and/or authenticated users first, and skip these if
>> possible, so I can use the sorbs dul list to block others who might be
>> in the dul block.
>>

> All you need to do is put
>
> accept authenticated = *
>
> in your ACL before the DNSBL checks.

To be more clear. The above will only handle SMTP AUTH'd users. Since
exim doesn't know anything about your POP-before-SMTP setup, you'll need
to add another accept entry in your acl to lookup the IP address in
whatever database/file/etc that you store your POP-before-SMTP setup
stores recently seen users in.

Tabor