Re: [Exim] local_domains doesn't always work

Author: Christian Vogel
To: Jeff Lasman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local_domains doesn't always work
Hi Jeff,

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 08:13:25PM -0800, Jeff Lasman wrote:
> If you can be more specific, I'd appreciate it.

You appear to try and check a domain (which always means something
right of the @ in a email-address) in a connect-acl which is checked
as soom as something connects to exim's listening port, when nothing
mail-related has even happened (i.e. MAIL FROM: <> or RCPT TO: <>
commands).

Your first problem was, that you were checking a host against a
hostlist (hosts = +hostlist), but this *hostlist* it was not specified.
What you had specified was a *domainlist*. You can check ip-addresses
against hostlists, and email-domains against domainlists.

I don't exactly know what you are trying to accomplish, maybe you can
describe it to the audience here, then we can give you some tipps...

        Chris

--
Christian Vogel -- chris@???