[Exim] block lists

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] block lists
I posted yesterday as part of an old thread, and I haven't seen a
response yet, so I'm guessing that it's gotten lost in the general
noise.

I'm running Exim 4.24, and I'm trying to implement RBL checking.

I found a useful ACL in a post by Kevin Reed, but even after reading the
online documentation, I'm not sure where to check this ACL so it gets
checked at connection time. I want to refuse email at SMTP connection
time, if the server attempting the connection is listed in one of the
RBL lists.

The choices, according to the online documentation at:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec_37.html

are

<snip>
  acl_not_smtp      ACL for non-SMTP messages
  acl_smtp_auth     ACL for AUTH
  acl_smtp_connect  ACL for start of SMTP connection
  acl_smtp_data     ACL after DATA
  acl_smtp_etrn     ACL for ETRN
  acl_smtp_expn     ACL for EXPN
  acl_smtp_helo     ACL for HELO or EHLO
  acl_smtp_mail     ACL for MAIL
  acl_smtp_rcpt     ACL for RCPT
  acl_smtp_starttls ACL for STARTTLS
  acl_smtp_vrfy     ACL for VRFY
</snip>

but I'm not sure which one of these I should use to call it.

And I haven't been able to find a test condition for a blocklist so I
can test it.

If you've implemented RBLs in Exim 4.x and can give me some clue, I'd
really appreciate it.

Have a great holiday and a great holiday season and New Year!

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation