Re: [Exim] exiscan de-MIME: demime_errorlevel non-zero for n…

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan de-MIME: demime_errorlevel non-zero for non-MIME email
Calum Mackay wrote on Tue, 23 Dec 2003:
> and the other day it fired upon, and froze, an email which the sender is
> not aware of containing any MIME elements. Some relevant headers from
> the email are:

>      content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
>      content-type: text/plain;
>       charset=iso-8859-1
>      X-cdmnet.org-MIME-Error: demime acl condition: uuencoded line
> length is not a multiple of 4 characters

> [with the last being the header added by my ACL's warn verb]
>
> I'm wondering whether the presence of the MIME-Version: header causes
> exiscan's demime condition to leap into action when it shouldn't? Should
> this header be present when the email has no MIME parts?

This is a MIME email,
   content-type: text/plain;
      charset=iso-8859-1

It is a MIME email that has 'inline' content, (i.e. not a standard
attachment) inline tells the client that the content is to be displayed as
part of the email body (inline with, get it ;) It just happens to be a
text email packeged as a 7-bit MIME content rather than just a raw text
only message.

--

--EAL--