[Exim] exiscan de-MIME: demime_errorlevel non-zero for non-M…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Calum Mackay
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] exiscan de-MIME: demime_errorlevel non-zero for non-MIME email
Hi all,

I'd appreciate any comments on the following...

I've got an exiscan ACL (in acl_check_data) which reads:

    warn message = X-$primary_hostname-MIME-Error: $demime_reason
         demime = *
         condition = ${if >{$demime_errorlevel}{0} {yes}{no}}
         control = freeze

and the other day it fired upon, and froze, an email which the sender is
not aware of containing any MIME elements. Some relevant headers from
the email are:

     content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
     content-type: text/plain;
      charset=iso-8859-1
     X-cdmnet.org-MIME-Error: demime acl condition: uuencoded line
length is not a multiple of 4 characters

[with the last being the header added by my ACL's warn verb]

I'm wondering whether the presence of the MIME-Version: header causes
exiscan's demime condition to leap into action when it shouldn't? Should
this header be present when the email has no MIME parts?

This is not an isolated occurrence; I get a few of these per week, from
various user agents, generally with MIME-Version: 1.0, but no other
obvious MIME involvement (and mostly from the exim-users list, ironically).

would appreciate any thoughts...

cheers,
Calum.

PS - I've now changed my ACL to also report the value of $demime_errorlevel