Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tony Finch
Para: dwmw2
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30
David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???> wrote:
>On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 22:16 -0700, Kevin Reed wrote:
>>
>> 56. Exim used to add From:, Date:, and Message-Id: header lines to
>> any incoming messages that did not have them. Now it does so only
>> if the message originates locally, that is, if there is no
>> associated remote host address.
>
>You can add Message-ID: and Date: headers for selected hosts (including
>localhost) in an ACL. You could do it for From: too if you wanted, but
>make sure you handle bounces properly. The header 'From: <>' isn't
>valid.

Thanks for that idea. I suggested to Philip that Exim should have some
kind of RFC 2476 message submission mode that controls whether or not it
does this kind of fix-up. At the moment my trial configuration (which is
still waiting for me to have time to test it properly) does some tests in
the MAIL ACL to determine if the sender is authorized, i.e. whether the
host is on a local network, or whether SMTP AUTH worked, etc. This sets an
ACL variable which controls the behaviour of the RCPT ACL (MX mode versus
message submission mode), and whether authentication information is added
to the message header for later joe-job bounce detection. I would like
to be able to use it to control the message submission header fix-up knob.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
FISHER GERMAN BIGHT: NORTH BACKING SOUTH 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8 AT FIRST.