Re: [Exim] improvments to exim

Autor: Tony Finch
A: ph10
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] improvments to exim
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

>It occurred to me as I walked home on Friday that it would not be so
>very difficult to add a new precondition to the routers, of the form
> acl = ....

The immediate risk I can see with this feature is that it adds another
kind of statically-unbounded looping into Exim, since ACLs call routers
via verify=sender and verify=recipient, and routers would then be able
to call ACLs. This is probably not such a problem given that ACL nesting
is limited to a depth of 20, and routing is limited to 100 redirections.

(I haven't really examined the possibilities offered by recursive ACLs,
though the sudden temptation to implement the Towers of Hanoi problem
must be strongly resisted.)

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
SELSEY BILL TO LYME REGIS: NORTH OR NORTHWEST 4 OR 5, OFTEN 6 OR 7 DECREASES