Re: [Exim] sender verify failed, why?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Edgar Lovecraft
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] sender verify failed, why?
> ><-----------
> > This is where the rejo@??? has been re-written to
> >rejo@???
> > Is that what is supposed to happen as that is the 'unroutable' address
> ><-----------
> > 2003-12-21 11:19:24 1AY0fy-0008EP-No ** rejo@???
> ><rejo@???>: Unrouteable address
>
> So, just to make things clear: krikkit.local is supposed to be
> unroutable according to this message?

yes.

> I have no rewriting rules, so that's very easy. The others are noo
> problem I guess:
>
>   damogran:~ # sendmail -bt rejo@???
>   rejo@???
>       <-- rejo@???
>     router = dnslookup, transport = remote_smtp
>     host krikkit.local [10.0.0.23]

> damogran:~ # sendmail -bv rejo@???
> rejo@??? verified
>
> damogran:~ # sendmail -brw rejo@???
> No rewrite rules are defined

If you are not re-writing the address, is it being 'forwarded' to the new
address, as all of the examples you have given the deliver address
'rejo@???' is not the original 'rcpt to:' address.

> On the DNS stuff:
>
> damogran:~ # dig +short krikkit.local mx
>
> damogran:~ # dig +short krikkit.local a
> 10.0.0.23
>
> damogran:~ # dig +short krikkit.local aaaa
> 2001:888:142f:0:250:fcff:fe35:920f
>
> It all looks healthy to me. Still occasianaly mail is being bounced:
>   rejo@???
>     (generated from subs=bugtraq@???)
>     Unrouteable address

> Any more ideas?

The DNS information very well could be correct (looks to be from what you
show :) however, where is the dns information comeing from?? If the the DNS
lookups are not done local by the MTA server, then this occasional lookup
problem could be a heavy network load to the DNS server that is being
looked to, and or heavy traffic load on the network wire. There are some
differing opinions on this, but if the MTA server is not running a local
caching DNS server that it uses to do the lookups, and then a fallback
server if that one does not respond, then temporary failures of this type
can definitely be lookup problems that may only exist for a minute or two.

The dnslookup router will fail if the it can not find the relevant delivery
informaiton.

--

--EAL--