Re: [Exim] dated addresses (example)

Author: Kirill Miazine
To: Kevin Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] dated addresses (example)
* Kevin Reed [2003-12-21 13:40]:
> Interesting Idea, but not very useful since you are creating a bounce.

I do, but I do not have to.

> The filter doesn't know who really sent the message so you can't know
> really who to send the bounce to... so you could easily end up bouncing
> this message to people who never sent you a message in the first place.
> Evil...

Who would send a message to km-dated-1072040342@???? In any case,
if what you mention ever becomes a problem, I will create a verify_only
router that does the same task.

> Take the same idea, and change it so that is is an ACL and acts on it
> during SMTP receipt so that the deny is not a bounce, just a deny, then
> you have something useful.

Thank you, but I think I am aware of the possibilities Exim gives me. :)

> Something with cron and a separate file that is processed say every hour
> or so or what ever increment you want to use...
>
> Should be very easy to create...

Too complex for my simple needs. :) Maybe I will let users on my server
to use dated addresses, but by using YYYY, YYYYMM, YYYYMMMDD instead of
seconds since 1970-01-01.

Greetz
Kirill

--

Er en viljeserklæring forvansket ved feiltelegrafering, blir den, som har
avgit den, ikke bundet ved erklæringen i den skikkelse, den er kommet frem.