Re: [Exim] modifying subject of emails depending on result f…

Author: Jez Hancock
To: Rodrigo Barbosa
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] modifying subject of emails depending on result from spamc ?
On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 12:48:37PM -0200, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 02:00:28AM +0000, Jez Hancock wrote:
> > Any particular reason why you're incurring the overhead of spam checking
> > with spamc instead of spamd?
>
> Because spamc is the client used to connect to spamd ?

Yes but the point is that using an external call to spamc incurs extra
overhead - whereas if you call spamd directly from exim it's a lot
quicker.

Having said this though I suppose if you don't have or want to
build exim with support for exiscan, then using spamc may be the easiest
option.

--
Jez Hancock
- System Administrator / PHP Developer