Re: [Exim] Exim-4.22 (debian-testing) and saslauth DOESEN'T …

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim-4.22 (debian-testing) and saslauth DOESEN'T WORK !!!
On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 11:20:59AM +0100, Stanczak Slawomir wrote:
[...]
> 003-12-20 10:35:12 plain authenticator failed for red.pam.szczecin.pl
> (blue.pam.szczecin.pl) [212.14.5.140] U=sws: 435 Unable to authenticate at
> present: unknown condition "saslauthd"

[...]
> Any ideas ?

Read. ;-) This version of exim does not know the "saslauthd"
expansion. saslauthd is a compile-time option, that was not
activated in Debian's 4.22-*. No really bad decision I might add, see
changelog entry #20 for 4.23.)

> Debian Users ! Why Exim doesen't works under our PROFESSIONAL
> distribution ? ;)
> -----------------

[...]

It works.

Dear Debian User, to honor your professional needs we have recently
(about 1993) introduced a funky device called "bug tracking system",
which we use to track issues and wishlist items in our packages. Sadly
it is located at the well hidden URL http://bugs.debian.org/[1]

If you had known about it you might have found #222591 [2] (It is
against one of the exim4 packages and includes "sasl" in the title),
but I can understand this is impossible for a professional Debian User
like you.  Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope [2] is helpful to you.
                  cu andreas

[1] We have started linking it from our homepage
http://www.debian.org/, but as I can see, it takes time for the news
to travel.
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/222591
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.