Re: [Exim] Question...

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Question...
Kelley Reynolds said:
> I want to blacklist people who connect and unexpectedly disconnect. Is
> there a way I can do this from inside the exim configure or is my only
> option to parse the log file?

:-)

Do you have an example of what it is you are trying to look for.

Perhaps there might be something wrong with your system that might be
causing this to occur??

Like a message sent to your mail address bounced....because of a
misconfiguration of your IP...

  schnozzy@???
    SMTP error from remote mailer after
      RCPT TO:<schnozzy@???>:
      host mail.verbotenplanet.net [209.123.232.30]:
    550-Verification failed for <listaccount@???>
    550-Called:   209.114.190.200
    550-Sent:     RCPT TO:<listaccount@???>
    550-Response: 550-ADMIN BLOCK: This Host does not accept connections
without a valid Reverse
    550-550-DNS Lookup (rDNS)
    550-550 Please contact postmaster@??? with any questions.
    550-Unable to verify sender address.

Looks a little confusing but ... Your mail server did a verify on my
address, but my mail server refused the verify because your mail server
has a misconfigured IP.

Your IP resolves to verbotenplanet.net which has no valid PTR for it.
This might be an unexpected disconnection and will loose you some email...
kinda like blacklisting yourself.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums