Re: [Exim] IPv4 only smarthost

Author: Colm MacCarthaigh
To: exim-users
CC: Colm MacCarthaigh
Subject: Re: [Exim] IPv4 only smarthost
On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 04:10:47PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Hosts don't have MX records; domains do. Any given domain might have
> both IPv4 and IPv6 hosts associated with it. What you can easily do,
> however, is to drop all the IPv4 hosts; if there are no addresses left,
> the dnslookup router should decline. Then you can have a second router
> that does the smarthost thing. Use
>
> ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0/0
>
> on the first router. I think this will work, but I haven't tried it.

It does indeed work, and with correct use of fallback_hosts in the
transport; if there's nothing listening on the IPv6 address - it
still goes to the smarthost.

Many thanks :)

--
Colm MacCárthaigh  /  HEAnet, Teach Brooklawn,  / Innealtóir Ghréasáin
+353 1 6609040    / Bóthar Shelbourne, BÁC, IE /   http://www.hea.net/