Re: [Exim] Exim not delivering local messages

Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim not delivering local messages
--
* David Shauger <dshauger@???> [20031219 10:10]: wrote:
> I am running Exim 4.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.2 Server. I was running 4.24
> and had it successfully running for some time. I believe an issue with
> preferences might have occurred causing Exim to begin giving the
> following errors:

The configuration file for 4.24 should work with 4.30 without a single
change. So that is not where the problem is.

> 2003-12-19 01:58:53 HQ4EAO-0001GH-O5 == webmaster@???
> <root@???> R=mysql_user T=mysql_delivery defer (-52):
> Retry time not yet reached
>
> I also receive messages that it was unable to change the gid & uid to
> 100 from the uid Exim runs as of 88.

Nice. Fix that first.

I bet that you compiled 4.30 differently than you compiled 4.24. So it
is a few parameters that you need to fix in Local/Makefile and
recompile. You can discover what changed by diff-ing the Makefile you
had for 4.24 against the one you used for 4.30.

First guess is the you changed the value of EXIM_USER in Makefile from
what it was originally.

> I believe that is the problem, but after checking the mailing list and the
> documentation I have not found anything to try that has fixed the problem.
> Exim continues to send mail, but will not deliver messages to any users.

Are you delivering mail to a central location other than $home/ for the
users?

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post