Re: [Exim] Local users spam filtering

Autor: Jethro R Binks
A: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Local users spam filtering
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Ron McKeating wrote:

> Just thinking, today we upgraded all our servers to exim 4.3 and
> spamassassin 2.61. We still get some of our local users email caught in
> our spamtrap because they use OE with html and do silly things like odd
> fonts etc.
>
> I was thinking of either not spam filtering email from our own ip range,
> or adding a spamassassin rule to give a big neg score for email from our
> own ip range. Is anybody doing similar and if so how are you doing it?
>
> I don't want to add neg scores for our own domain in the from as a lot
> of spam seems to forge our domain in the from line.

We only apply spam checks to mail coming from offsite, on servers that are
dedicated to that purpose. Mail generated internally goes through
different servers, which do virus scanning but no spam checks.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK