Re: [Exim] My Server as spamming machine !

Author: Wakko Warner
To: James P. Roberts
CC: exim-users, Suresh Ramasubramanian, Rejo Zenger, ankush dawar
Subject: Re: [Exim] My Server as spamming machine !
> I thought a blank sending host meant "not a TCP/IP connection", and that this
> would be reliably detected by the "hosts = :" test. What I failed to realize

Correct.

> was that there are (apparently) messages that can get into Exim without going
> through the RCPT ACL?!? In general, I don't think I want to accept any
> non-SMTP messages.
>
> I feel very newbie-ish (again).

exim -bs

This accepts a message speaking smtp on stdin/stdout. host is null in this
case. ACLs do run:
# exim -bs
220 veg.animx.eu.org ESMTP Exim 4.24 Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:06:48 -0500
EHLO x
550 HELO doesn't look like a hostname
#