[Exim] Local part verify for "queue only" - exchange bounce …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hancock, Scott
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Local part verify for "queue only" - exchange bounce messages
Hello all,

I'm running an email gateway using www.mailscanner.info.

The mailscanner setup relies on the incoming queue not attempting
immediate delivery via the "queue only" option.

MailScanner then filters the mail attachments, tags spam, deletes virus,
etc. Then, MailScanner forwards the clean mail on with a separate exim
process.

I would like Exim to verify the local part for valid users against LDAP
or a db file created from LDAP before accepting the email into the
queue. I see two possible solutions:

1. Attach a verify option to the "queue only" option in the main
configuration section.

2. Don't use "queue only" in the main section. Instead use a transport
for the "accept" router or a "pipe" option to just write the verified
incoming message to the incoming queue without attempting immediate
delivery.

The goal is for exim to reject incoming messages for invalid users on
behalf of exchange. I have the sample config from exim.org

# From: Tabor J. Wells <twells@???>
# Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:16:36 -0400

but I can't figure out how to apply it to a "queue only" situation.
This config file uses "remote_smtp".

Exim 4.24
MailScanner 4.25
Debian unstable