[Exim] Re: Limit on message size for filtering?

Author: Karl Eklund
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Limit on message size for filtering?
Tamas TEVESZ writes:

>message_body_visible

Thank you.

Tim Jackson <lists@???> writes:

> No, please drop them instead. It's alright for you to say "ah, never
> mind" (or words to that effect), but it's not you who's going to be on the
> receiving end of your collateral spam!

The consensus here seems to be to drop them, so I will change it. The
cons of dropping them are mostly theoretical (not 'polite' to delete
stuff with no notice) but in practice, I guess it's much better.

> Better still, upgrade to Exim 4 and you can do it "properly" (if there is
> such a thing). It will be worth your while, honest - not only can you sort
> this problem, but you'll have all the brilliant new features to play with
> too. It's not that far off 2 years since Exim 4 was released (I'm pretty
> sure very useable betas were around this time in 2001)...must be time to
> upgrade, surely?

As people have assumed the reason why I use Exim 3 is that I'm using
Debian and I will at the latest upgrade as soon as the next version of
Debian is released.

In what way can this type of messages be handled more properly in Exim
4?