Re: [Exim] Exim 4.30: internal error: store_reset(539560499)…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Harald Schueler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.30: internal error: store_reset(539560499) failed: pool=1 host.c 1246
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Harald Schueler wrote:
>

>>;; Querying server (# 1) address = 132.252.1.7
>>;; response truncated
>>;; got answer:
>>;; ns_initparse: Message too long
>>LOG: MAIN PANIC DIE
>>   internal error: store_reset(539560499) failed: pool=1         host.c 1246

>>Looks like the answer is indeed too long, so Exim (or the resolver lib?)
>>should retry via TCP.
>

> That is the resolver's job. Exim doesn't know anything about the details
> of DNS queries. It calls a resolver function and expects to get back
> either the data or an error. For Exim to have got to the point where it
> issues that error message, it must have received DNS_SUCCEED from the
> resolver. Looks like the resolver may have yielded a success return but
> with screwed up data.

I inserted some logging statements and from what I understand, exim gets
some number of correct aliases, then comes one which is totally garbled
(several lines from somewhere in /etc/passwd). This probably confuses
exim's storage allocation by writing over the allocated block for the
answer (fixed size, if I understand it right). So this really looks like
a problem with the resolver lib/libc.

> I'm not sure what we can do next.

I already tried running the binary on a newer maintainance level of AIX
(but still compiled on ml3), but had no success. I will try compiling on
an ml5 machine and see what happens...

--
Harald Schueler