Re: [Exim] Limit on message size for filtering?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tim Jackson
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Limit on message size for filtering?
Hi karl.eklund@???, on Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:08:17 +0100 you wrote:

> I'm aware of the problems with bouncing virus messages, but for now I
> have assumed that it's less bad than dropping them.

No, please drop them instead. It's alright for you to say "ah, never
mind" (or words to that effect), but it's not you who's going to be on the
receiving end of your collateral spam!

(Unfortunately, during the last virus storm, collateral spam from Exim
users via Nigel's system_filter made up a significant proportion of the
mailbombing which I saw)

Better still, upgrade to Exim 4 and you can do it "properly" (if there is
such a thing). It will be worth your while, honest - not only can you sort
this problem, but you'll have all the brilliant new features to play with
too. It's not that far off 2 years since Exim 4 was released (I'm pretty
sure very useable betas were around this time in 2001)...must be time to
upgrade, surely?

Tim