Re: [Exim] Multiple database question

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kelley Reynolds
Para: List - Exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Multiple database question
--- Original Message ---
From: "Andrew J. Hutson" <andrewh@???>
Sent: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:02:27 -0000
To: Exim Users <exim-users@???>
Subject: Re: [Exim] Multiple database question

> --
> That selects from a different database on the same server. Philip was talking about the servers (machines) being tried in order.

Selecting from multiple database on the same machine is easy so long as the permissions are correct. The hard part is using entirely different machines for different queries (of the same database type, obviously. Mixing mysql and postgresql would have a similar effect, but master->slave across different database implementation is *much* more trouble than it's worth). What Phillip was saying, it seemed to me, was that Exim was written primarily for the 'reading' part and not the 'writing' part. So if one database was down, it would move on to the next, and consequently have failover. However, this works much less smoothly if there is any 'writing' involved. This particular feature is apparently not very popular with anybody else though. (sure would be handy ;)

Kelley