Re: [Exim] Exim 4.30: internal error: store_reset(539560499)…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Harald Schüler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.30: internal error: store_reset(539560499) failed: pool=1 host.c 1246
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Harald Schüler wrote:

> LOG: MAIN PANIC DIE
>   internal error: store_reset(539560499) failed: pool=1         host.c 1246

> Has anybody else seen this? I get several per hour on our incoming servers.
> It seems to have something to do with IP addresses with a large number of
> PTR records (probably more than fit into the UDP response). I'm not sure if
> this is a bug in the resolver library (AIX 5.1ml3) or in Exim.

It's certainly an Exim error in that it shouldn't ever encounter that,
but it could be a bug in the resolver library that is provoking it.

I tried "exim -bh 207.16.104.250" on a Linux box and it did not have a
problem with the reverse lookup - it just found a large number of names
for the IP address. So it looks like it is specific to your system.
Please try the test again, adding "-d+resolver" to the Exim command.
That should turn on the resolver's debugging output, which might offer
some clue.