[Exim] Source address to use for recipient verification call…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: David Woodhouse
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Source address to use for recipient verification callouts.
Sender verification callouts use MAIL FROM:<> for obvious reasons -- we
have to avoid a loop.

The same doesn't obviously hold for recipient verification callouts,
does it? For example...

  # Deny unknown recipient at relay domain, with callout but accepting
  # temporary failures (else backup MX is pointless).
  deny     domains      = +relay_domains
           !verify      = recipient/defer_ok/callout=20s,random,defer_ok
           message      = Unknown recipient at target domain

In the case of recipient verification, there's no need to worry about
loops, surely? Can we just use the original SMTP reverse-path in our
test?

Using <> fails when the target recipient doesn't accept bounces. Note I
said target _recipient_, not host. Such as all my mailman lists:

mailman_bogus_bounces:
driver = redirect
senders = :
domains = +mailman_domains
require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/$local_part/config.pck
allow_fail
data = :fail: Lists do not send messages and should not receive bounces

Is there a way to get Exim to use either the original reverse-path, or
at least <postmaster@$primary_hostname> in _recipient_ verification
callouts, instead of using <>?

--
dwmw2