Re: [Exim] SMTP protocol violation complaint -- false positi…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Chris Edwards
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP protocol violation complaint -- false positives.
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Chris Edwards wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:
>
> | I asked, because I vaguely remember fixing something like this at some
> | point. Obviously I didn't fix it enough.
>
> ISTR asking about this a couple of months back. Here's Philip's reply ;-))

You folks on the Exim mailing list make an excellent extended memory! :-)
It saves me from too much CRAFT syndrome.

I had written:

> Hmm. I suppose the tidying could be at the client end. It knows it has
> sent a pile of stuff using pipelining, and it also knows if any
> recipients have been accepted, so I guess it could just not log the DATA
> error if all recipients were rejected. I've noted this for looking into.

The client code does seem to do this. The comment reads:

/* Handle a response to DATA. If we have not had any good recipients, either
previously or in this block, the response is ignored. */

There's nothing in the ChangeLog to suggest that this is new code, so it
should have been doing this for some time. Of course, the code that
follows may well be buggy.

However, this thread is all about what happens at the server end, which
of course is a different part of the code altogether.