[Exim] exim4 + cyrus imap setup, authentication, password ch…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: TN
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] exim4 + cyrus imap setup, authentication, password changes
Hello all,

I am having the usual nightmares of most people setting up MTA's etc
etc.....which magic combination to use?
I am attempting to replace Microsoft exchange due to reliability problems.

After over a week of experimenting and much googling, I have settled to
use Exim4 + cyrus2 on debian. I was almost tempted to use courier for
everything since it works out of the box, but my users would freak out
if they couldn't have the altnamespace option offered by cyrus since
Exchange supports it and they're used to it)

My biggest problems -
a) I don't know how to get exim to deliver mail to cyrus

b) I'm using hmh's (http://people.debian.org/~hmh/woody/) debian
packages for cyrus2.1 since it appears cyrus 1.5.19 doesn't support the
altnamespace option, or at least I couldn't make it work. Cyrus2.1 works
fine, but SASL authentication is still a mystery to me. How do I
replace this to work in with exim4's methods ?

c) since I am replacing exchange, how do my SMB domain users change
their passwords for exim/cyrus ? Currently its all automatic, they
change their password on the domain and that all there is to it. I am
unware how to get all these different options for authentication working
& kept in sync (currently using sasl2 for cyrus though auxprop). Is
there one global method to use (pam ? mysql ?)

I have plenty of other questions, but these are my main worries. My
biggest requirements are to keep the alnamespace options offered by
cyrus, and a simple password changing for users. I am happy to use any
methods to achieve these goals if people already have this combination
working.

thanks.